Date(s) - Fri 6. Nov 2020 - Sat 19. Dec 2020
9:00 - 18:00
Kategorien Keine Kategorien
Register now for the free “Life Science Series” (06.11.20-19.12.20) of the Startup Academy at the University Tübingen. The program is part of the “Life Science Accelerator Baden-Württemberg”.
Compared to other industries the survival of life science startups is particularly challenging due to long time periods and the capital requirement until market maturity. This free 7-week program concentrates on the life science-specific topics and conveys specific knowledge for single elements of a business model in this industry. Basic entrepreneurship content has a subordinate role, whereas this program i.a. seeks to answer the following questions:
- Am I actually developing a medical device and if so, how do I determine this?
- Which norms and standards do I have to consider?
- Do I know the similarities between company certification and product approval?
- What renumeration options does my product have in the health system?
- Is a reimbursement by health insurance companies desirable for my product?
- Is my product attractive for the self-pay market?
- Free of charge
- High-Profile Experts: The program regards top-class experts a critical value added for participating teams. These hold senior positions in industry, are proven subject matter experts and seasoned entrepreneurs with the corresponding experience and quality of guidance to offer.
- Individual Sessions: During the 7 weeks high-profile external experts will elaborate on the individual needs of each team in sessions that are individually tailored.
Dates & Format?
- Format: physical attendance (strict hygiene concept & small groups)
- Date: 06.11.2020 – 19.12.2020 (Fridays and Saturdays)
- Time: 09:00 – 18:00 h
- Total hours: 112 h
Who can apply?
Eligible are all students, professionals, founding teams and innovators, including clinicians, nurses, lab technicians, scientists who want to translate their innovative ideas into health solutions of the following domains:
- Medical Devices (Gadgets, machines, instruments, implants)
- Therapeutics (Drugs, active ingredients)
- Diagnostics (Laboratory tests or procedures)
- Digital Health (Data, analytics, software, monitoring)
The working language is English. Individuals and teams can apply here with or without a business idea until 31.10.20.
What is the objective?
The participants can survey the life science-specific start-up topics and thus plan ahead. The early strategic consideration of possible complications in the life science sector creates the prerequisite for attaining the necessary maturity in the shortest possible time and for convincing investors. Corresponding barriers to shortening the time to market have been identified and structured in an individual project plan.