Date(s) - Mi 14. Apr 2021 - Mi 5. Mai 2021
Kategorien Keine Kategorien
What you can expect in case you would like to participate:
When: 14th April until 5th May 2021
- Note: For the Ideathon, you should be able to commit 1 to 1.5 working days per week for 3 weeks and participate in the three main events (see below)
- Make use of this opportunity to develop scalable solutions to real-world challenges faced in developing markets, leveraging technological innovations like AI, automatization, remote sensing, IoT, and more
- Gain exposure to different countries and sectors
- Access a broad network of peers and potential partners: InsurTechs, insurers, academia, and development institutions
Tracks: GIZ is offering three different tracks. Each track is designed to best accommodate a participant’s interests:
- Flood Insurance Product for India: Design a flood insurance product to protect poor and vulnerable people, namely laborers and micro-entrepreneurs, from loss of income. Focus on the underlying methodology & technology to correctly monitor flood events.
Target group: Service providers focusing on provision, evaluation and processing of remote sensing data and risk modeling, AI developers working on big data and earth observation, insurance operators doing claims adjudication
- AI based health claims adjudication as a Global Good: Design a general framework to set up and package openIMIS AI as a Global Good for managing health insurance. The framework should enable a plug-and-play implementation of openIMIS AI in various country contexts.
Target group: AI developers who produce decision support modules, insurance operators doing claims adjudication, health insurers and InsurTechs
- Insurance for Paraguayan Beekeepers: Design an insurance product for small-scale beekeepers. Focus on the challenge of providing a low-cost solution which could be attractive to the described target group.
Target group: Insurers, InsurTechs and service providers with an interest in the region and experience in agri insurance or with experience on working on the described perils, Think Tanks and research institutes with relevant expertise
How the Ideathon works
Step 1: Register via email to email@example.com or me, preferably select your track at registration
Step 2: Participate in the kick-off event on 14 April (2-5pm CET)
Step 3: Virtual design sprint with msg minnosphere’s platform Joolia
Step 4: Mid-term workshop in the week of 26th April for Q&A and decision which idea / prototype should be detailed further
Step 5: Final presentation of results on 5th May (2 – 3.30 pm CET)
Click here to learn more.