transform_EMN funded by the German Federal Ministry of Economics and Climate Protection supports companies in developing new business ideas and in technology transfer. The project is the responsibility of the Nürnberg Metropolitan Region Office together with IHK Nuremberg for Central Franconia, the Chair of Manufacturing Automation and Production Systems (FAPS) at the Friedrich Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg, the Fraunhofer Institute for Integrated Systems and Device Technology IISB and the IMU Institute GmbH. Wirtschaftsförderung Nuremberg is responsible for the technical management.
Type of project: Subcontract
Duration of the project: Three years
- The regulatory environment in the field of medical technology
- E-health and telematics infrastructure, m-health solutions for chronic diseases, VR/AR/XR applications on the automotive health interface
- „Automotive Industry meets Healthcare“:
– Strategic plans of OEMs and major suppliers for integrating medical devices and healthcare services into the car of the future
– Strategic plans of the insurance industry/health insurance companies
– Strategic plans of the fitness industry – Strategic plans of the medical technology industry
– Deep dive sessions on specific indication fields for automotive SMEs
Around 100,000 employees in the Nuremberg metropolitan region work for suppliers to the automotive industry. Many of the jobs depend on the combustion engine and are endangered by the transformation of the industry. It aims to secure employment in the region. Medical Valley is in charge of ‘Innovation Platform Automotive Health’.
Responsible for the project
Marketing & PR